Monday, July 16, 2007

Occupation vs Income

Yday we celebrated Po Po's birthday at my youngest uncle's house. So its a family gathering for Daddy's siblings. I enjoyed it very much. But there was one of the uncle who thinks he knows all sat with us on a table during dinner. Baby, me, mui mui and my cousin who is currently working with us was seated at the table. My so called very-pandai uncle was talking to my cousin, asking how's business and telling that he should get 20-30% of company share bcoz my cousin is promoting our products. I cynically blurted "HAHA, very Funny!"

He is such a coward! He knows that my cousin is working with us. WHY NOT ASK US? Not that we weren't there. I was just sitting right in front of him, and he dared not look at me but looking to his left where my cousin was seated. And I clearly remembered that this is the uncle who shook his head when he knew that I am working for my future parents in law. "What a waste!" was what he blurted out. WALAU! Who are you to tell me what to do? Even my own parents didnt make a single noise.

I guess I should forgive him for being such shallow minded. He knows nothing bout business. If he's so great he shud hav a proper job at least a higher rank one. SO much for his 'intelligent' nonsense. Ask not what the company can do for you. Ask what can you do for the company. He has yet to understand this simple theory. If every promoter can get a 20-30% share of the company, I guess big companies will have not survived until this day.

I find it challenging to work for my own money and I don't like to work under the supervision of others. I like the satisfaction I get after a great deal. I know its not going to be easy to run a 'unique' business like ours, at least we have the driving to force to make it a successful one. Even if I'm a Stay-At-Home-Mom I will find my ways to earn money bcoz they are too many living examples out there earning money over the internet, 5xmom is the greatest living example. I'm sure being a mother or a father, if sumone come up to you and tell you that "What a waste! You spend so much on them. Your son/daughter could hav found a better job.... why open up a shop? or work for his/her in-laws?" or "They shud find a job related to what they have studied at overseas, why they change field?" or "Why is he/she taking up music? Musicians don't have steady income." All of these....is there a parameter measuring equipment to justify all these? I just wondered. We have excellent musicians, we have successful businessman, we have professional bloggers, we even have famous feng shui practioners, they earn bountiful buckets of gold. Do you really judge a person with a university degree he/she owns? A beautician, a make up artists, a hairstylist like our Winnie Loo they are wonderful ppl too. Its how you maximise your talent and expand your business.

It all boils down to the same answer, INCOME. Its not the job you take that classifies you. Its the income and the investment you make plus the SAVINGS in your bank that differentiate you. Before anyone has a say to this, think twice.

4 comments:

ZMM said...

wow.. you very advance la.. so fast think about being SAHM liao.

:P

Marie said...

hehehe....I don't mind. As long as my Baby bring in the money. And I will make lotsa frens over the nite.

Anonymous said...

Of course Marie has to stay at home to take good care of my kai zai/kai lui ma!!

well, u think very far ahead also rite ?!!? ignore those "intelligent" people!!! I'm also interested in the "unique" business!!!

Anonymous said...

You know..In some people's eyes, you actually scored the best job in the world. (at least in my eyes) :)

-cherry