Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Dumpling Festival


I spent the whole day making dumplings yesterday. Both index fingers of mine sores. *ouch* That's why didn't update my blog yesterday. 3kg of glutinous rice makes 80+ dumplings. So early in the morning mummy II prepared all the ingredients and laid it out on the table. We started at 9am and estimated that we'll finish by 2pm but to our surprise we finished at 12 noon. I guess practice does make perfect.

We called dumplings "guo zong" in Hakka. Everyone in the Voo family loves 'guo zong'. So in order to please everyone in the Voo family, one at least shud learn how to make 'guo zong'. Its not easy to be a member of the Voo's. I must say that I've at least learned 4 signature recipes from Mummy II; Assam Fish Head, "Kiu Nyuk" (Yam & Pork), Moon Cake & Guo Zhong. I must thank Mummy II for her passion for food and her patience to teach me her cooking skills. Thank you very very much!Now let's eat 'guo zong'. *BUURRPP*

No comments: