Sunday, June 10, 2007

Catholic Marriage

After attending 2 days Pre Marriage Talk organized by the Christian Family Life Ministry, it changed my perspective about marriage. Marriage is not bout the gown I wear, the cake we order, the pictures we took nor the wedding banquet we hold. Its not a one day affair but its a LIFETIME learning process.

The whole world knows that Catholic is very strict in marriage. The notion of D-I-V-O-R-C-E is totally a NO NO!! 'Till death do us part.....' to the extend that you can only remarry after your spouse dies. That's why there's a joke bout Roman Catholic marriage, getting married to a Catholic is like buying urself the best 'in
surance' for ur marriage. Bcoz no matter how you sour your relationship turn out to be, God wants us to be responsible for what we have done and find a way to make things work and not irresponsibly walk out from your marriage and cut the bond you both shared. There's always a solution to a problem. All we need to do is to use the wisdom that God has granted us. That is why PRAYERS play a very very important role in a FAMILY!

I'm a blessed one I guess. Its God's arrangement that I met Baby who is also a Catholic. At least we share the same belief and this is very valuable. Before we go to sleep, we say the same prayer. We pray for each other's safety and health. And when the day comes, we can teach our children to pray together with us, and that's the essence of a loving family. Words can't describe how honored and blessed I am. With God's guidance and teachings I'm very sure that our marriage life will be in good hands.

I'm not trying to be naive or what so ever. And I know there's no Happily-Ever-After marriage. I understand that there's ups and downs in a marriage and marriage is definitely not a bed of roses. Both of us are prepared for these and that is why we chose to practise God's teachings and love. After such a 'long marathon' with Baby, marriage life only begins after we bid goodbye to our guests and take off our costumes. We ask for nothing, but all we ask is for everyone's blessing and best wishes so that we may have a wholesome marriage.

2 comments:

ZMM said...

I went for mine with hubby too..
Quite good..

But doesn't mean we still don't fight and scream at each other.. we just have to work things out.

Anonymous said...

Amen!!
-Cherry