Thursday, January 31, 2008

Was it a dream?

"Its so cold. I dreamt that its very cold." Anoti curled up underneath our quilt shivering and murmured this in the middle of the night.

"Come, let me hug you." I could feel that he was trembling so hard that I switched on the lights.

"Relax, yourself dear." I tried to massage his back and hands. But he was still trembling. I noticed that his eyes was closed.

I felt that something was wrong and I was getting worried. "Open your eyes dear. Look at me." He slowly open his eyes for 10 secs and shut it up. I tried my best to coax him to be calm and relax but it wouldnt help.

I quickly ran into the kitchen to get him a glass of hot water but he insisted that I stay. "Don't leave me." I hugged him real hard and he suggested that we pray together.

"Our Father, who art in heaven.........Hail Mary full of grace......Glory be..." , repeated this for countless times. Yes, at that time, I was really scared, as I don't know what was wrong with him and what to do next.

After the prayers, he asked me to get him the thermometer. I quickly ran to get the digital thermometer which was yellowish and 'old', stuffed into his mouth and waited for one minute. The reading was 39 degree celcius. At first I thought that the thermometer was faulty and tested it on me. Mine was 36.3 celcius.

Only then I realised that he was having a fever, he vomitted when i gave him a glass of water. I quickly helped him put on his shirt n rushed to SMC.

I was so relief when the doctor said he'll be fine. After this incident, I felt so bad. I felt that I'm incapable to take care of the person that I love. I'm afraid that I wont be able to take care of my lil' one. It scares me....I'm so lost! *upset*

7 comments:

Sunshine said...

woah, it was the same for me too, i was ok but felt very very tired, went to sleep, half way about 4am, i woke up shivering, by time i went to see dr only i realized i was having 102f fever :P

Chinneeq said...

Marie, u did the right thing. Remember, nothing u can do to prevent the fever, but u did great to help him!

Anonymous said...

hey darling, dun blame yourself for ah gu's fever. Ryota caught a really bad cold last Tues, reason behind was the temperature difference between Japan and Aust. It was bloody cold in Japan and bloody hot in Aust, and his body couldn't tolerate it. I didn't bring him to see dr and only cooked porridge and bought some meds for him. He was so sick that he lied on the bed and slept for 24 hours, his face totally showed "I'm so sick" look. What's worse, he was having his supp exam on Thurs. I didn't even spend the night at his place taking care of him, he had to drive to uni by himself, finished exam, came home and went straight to bed, and slept for 24 hours (occassionally woke up when I bought sushi for him for dinner). And on Friday night, I even played mahjong at friend's place, haiyo, I'm such a loser gf, hahaha... well, I don't wanna disturb him resting and sleeping, and I can't just stay at his place looking at him sleeping. so don't blame urself too much.

BB _____ Fishx said...

jiejie JIA YOU ^^

Anonymous said...

at least he still has you. I just got back from hospital too after shivering on my bed throughout the night. Somore i stay alone...sigh..

-cherry

Anonymous said...

Shivering with chills and talking in reduce conciousness should go to hospital immediately oh ~

what did the doctor said bout his condition ~

Blur Angel said...

hey.. how r u ?? haven't been hearing from u !! busy with life ???

Here's a tag for u my dear...

http://blurangel.com/blog/?p=1841
take your time !!