Sunday, January 6, 2008

27th Dec 2007

The night before the wedding......(PreWedding Dinner @ Ocean Seafood Restaurant).

It was also my parents 25th Anniversary. They deserved a grand entrance as well.

It was a lovely nite, except I was so panic that gastric attacked me. But I'm strong, I manage to put up a big big smile despite the pain.
(You see, I wanted to be like Gisselle from Enchanted, notice the hair style and the backdrop)

The most memorable moment was the song that my mummy sang to me in front of 450 guests. Everyone was so touched! And this was what she sang....

A SONG FOR MY DAUGHTER

Just once upon a yesterday
I held you in my arms.
You grew into a little girl
With lovely childhood charms.
Now it seems I only turn around and I see you by his side.
Oh I can't believe my eyes today,
My daughter is a bride.

I guess somehow I always knew
This day would soon be here.
Still I wonder as I look at you what became of all the years.
And no words could ever quite express
The way I feel inside.
Oh I can't believe my eyes today,
My daughter is a bride.

All the laughter and the tear drops,
The sunshine and the rain.
I would re-live every moment dear,
If I could bring them all back again.
And now my love, the time has come
To send you on your way.
So I wish you well and happiness
And the blessings of this day.
And I hope the love I've given you will forever be your guide.

Oh I can't believe my eyes today,
My daughter.
Oh I can't believe my eyes,
My daughter.
Oh my angel and my pride.
My daughter is a bride.
Oh I can't believe my eyes.

Thankew mummy for this beautiful song. It was so meaningful. *sob* I miss you very much! =(

4 comments:

Blur Angel said...

I cannot imagine my mum sings this on my wedding day ! i will definitely tear till i ruin my make up!! So sweet of your mum!!

Chinneeq said...

u are such a princess, Marie!!

Irene said...

Look at you! GORGEOUS!!!

Cheryl Leong said...

The wedding dinner must be so memorable for you. Love the backfrop and the cake. Is it real? Coz I nv seen a cake tat is so special as yours (not at Sutera harbour, definately :p )