Sunday, January 13, 2008

28th Dec 2007

This is a very very back dated post!

In a typical chinese wedding, red is everywhere as if its Chinese New Year. Everything we bought have to be in red,
not forgetting the set of red undergarments for hanky panky business.


'Double Happiness' is literally EVERYWHERE! The wall, the bed, the mirror, the bags, the tea pot, the ang pow, the door anywhere which is visible. Just to make sure that I will always be blessed with 'double happiness', kiasu person like me didnt get myself a double happiness jewelry (too old fashion) but I make 'double happiness' "follow" me where ever I go. Am I smart or what....*grin*
Wanted to paint it on my fingernails but am afraid that it will draw away the attention of my itsy bitsy tiny little diamond ring.

Not only did I wore red that day, our love nest was so steamingly red and heavenly 'sweet' that I can't wait to jump into.

With all the 'redness' on that day, nothing beats my red cheongsam. It was a hand-me-down cheongsam from my mom which is so beautiful and elegant, no kidding! 25 years down the road, still in one good piece! I believe that it is very auspicious bcoz I'm the 6th person to wear this, it was mom's, then later all the ah yis' wore it, and now I'm the 1st grandchildren to wear it. Damn proud of it! Don't know who will be the next one to put this on...but I must warn all my cousins and their future wives, by hook or by crook make sure u keep fit bcoz the waistline is just size 24 and the max is size 26. It was size 22 when mum tailor made this. Imagine how malnutrition were my mum back on those days.
I don't hav a full body picture with this. This is the best one. Just pray that my photographer will take a full body picture of this outfit.*finger crossed*

4 comments:

Chinneeq said...

wow...Marie, can't believe that beautiful cheongsam is already so old liao!!!! And u look really fabulous in it!

Marie said...

QQ Mummy, thank you so much! that cheongsam is one year older than me! i can't bliv that I'm wearing it too.

Anonymous said...

you look great in the cheong sam!

= FLoReNcE = said...

Wow...u r so slim...can fit in the cheongsam with the so-small size. U look nice with ur cheongsam. ^_^