Friday, August 28, 2009

Pregnancy Week 35

Post Dated : 17th Aug -23 Aug 2009

Lifestyle

Due to the recent H1N1 flu pandemic, driving, shopping, outing just don't interest me. Even if I go to the office or just our neighborhood store, I hav to put on a mask which I dun feel comfortable and easy at. Knowing that pregnant women are more vulnerable, Anoti had bought 150pcs of mask. Hence, I rather stay at home most of the time, giving instructions to the maid to clean our room thoroughly,
- wash curtains
- clean window mosquito nets

- clean ceiling (making sure that there's no cobwebs)

- wipe walls
- wash bed skirt
- floor mat - bed sheets, quilt cover, pillow and bolster cases
and I'm so proud to say that my room is dirt free. It feels like a new room to us.


Body Changes
Stretchmarks are more obvious this week. no matter how much oil I applied its still the same.

But then again, it wud be even worse if I din apply any earlier, it would definitely a disaster for now. My mom told me she got it when she was just 4 to 5 months pregnant with me. I think I'm lucky at least I had it on my 8months of pregnancy. Due to weight shift and pressure, I walk like a DUCK. yes, you are right! I WADDLE for goodness sake. I feel funny myself, my parents think that I'm cute waddling, i told them I want to be as graceful as a SWAN and not a DUCK.

Sunshine

Dr Lim appointment was scheduled on 20th August (Thurs). Sunshine's weight was 2.9kg at 35w4d.

Sunshine is really growing FAST. This time, Dr Lim commented that baby is SLIGHTLY big. He estimated a 3.5kg baby. O_o" Should I be worried or what. I'm scared! This is my 1st baby, i'm not big or tall in size (4ft 11 ONLY), I want a natural birth, do u think its a good idea? Dear God, I leave it all into your hands.


Mummy-to-be

I've increased another 1kg. All in all, I've put on 14kg till now. With such a growth rate, its unlikely I can achieve the ideal pregnancy weight of 15kg coz I still hav 4 weeks to go. Lately, I've experienced Braxton Hicks Contraction very frequently, other than that, I find it uncomfortable when sunshine sticked his foot up to my ribs. I think he's trying to break my ribs with his karate kick.


Activity
We went to attend F.O.C Antenatal Exercise at Likas Hospital on the 22nd Aug 2009 (Sat).

Since it was FREE, both of us din have much expectation from the course. We did learn a bit of this and that & the exercise was helpful indeed. I'm glad that Anoti was so supportive, we had fun during the exercise as we played around the yoga mat.

Dear Sunshine,
This is Daddy's first baby-related activity. Mummy thought that he will not take this seriously, in fact daddy was the one who was paying attention to the speaker most of the time and jotting down notes.
Be proud of him. Make sure you are a caring person like daddy too. Love you.

Don't believe it...look at daddy's notes! Top Left Corner....The 1st picture was a bit obscene...lol

4 comments:

jazzmint said...

so fast nearing end pregnancy liao. bet u guys are so excited :). haha...anoti's drawing very cute :P

2xMum said...

14kg is ok... not like me, I gained 22kg!!

hope you'll have a smooth delivery. :)

De'Little Ones said...

Your weight is OK. Baby's size won't be too big either. If you carry till full term, 3.5kg is still ok for you.

Angeleyes said...

I am gaining lots of weight for my current pregnancy! I have gained 3kg last month alone! Can't help it as I feel hungry all the time... I can chomp down a big bowl of rice in no time... you say jia lat or not?

Guess you better maintain your weigh as it is difficult to have virgina birth if baby is too big... which my SIL experience so she has to go for C-sec in the end coz she spent more than 12 hours in labor.