Friday, August 7, 2009

PAINT MY LOVE

Right on the 1st day of week 33, sunshine show me his 1st masterpiece. He painted his love on my tummy and I think it wud be permanent. As a mummy-to-be I shud be really proud of sunshine's 'artistic' talent, surprisingly this time I was not overwhelmed with joy but with fear and anger.

I am colored with pink and purple streaks of STRETCHMARK right under my belly! I was devastated. I summoned Anoti to check on my belly, all he could say was "Its not so bad." In fact, I was very angry. But I dunno who to blame.
-Anoti who made me pregnant?
-Nutritious food that I've been taking?
-Or my lil sunshine that just wanna grow in me?
-Or the genes since my mum got it too when she was pregnant with me?
-Or Myself, who was being too lazy to apply cream for the past 4 days?

Anoti leaned forward, hugged me and said, " Mummy, its okie. You have Daddy and Sunshine. Let's focus on our lil' sunshine and welcome sunshine with lotsa love. And don't let this small matter affect u. Just hang in there dear, few more weeks to go."

Awwww...i almost melted. I hav the best hubby on earth, and I must admit I am seriously STUPID and SILLY to think that it's the end of the world. Can sumone please slap me. I'm so sorry sunshine.

---

Dear mamas out there, I feel terribly bad. Not because of the stretchmarks that appeared on my belly. But my ignorance for all the sacrifices you made for your children. Bravery, selflessness, determination and perseverance are traits that I've yet to learn from you all. Hats off, I dearly look up to all of you. Help and guide me to be a better person, at least a good mama to my sunshine.

6 comments:

Blur Angel said...

aw.. so sweet .. but i guess stretchmarks will lighten over some time rite? don't worry bout it k ? mummy! :)

Michelle Hee said...

Dont think too much! I can't wait to meet your little sunshine too! I miss the time i was pregnant everytime i read your blog.. sob sob..

mNhL said...

That is the sacrifies by mummy ! I have them too. Don't worry too much.

Btw, I have a tag for you.

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

Marie, could it be the allergic reaction from cocoa butter?

Chinneeq said...

my 3 artist started painting way before they were properly formed in tummy, lagi keng!

Unknown said...

gold auntie..reading your entries is like watching tv series - getting more and more kancheong for you. Cant wait to hear about your labour story and definitely look fwd to see lil' sunshine!! :D