Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Its the thought of Love

I couldn't be more happier when I picked him up from the airport on Sunday nite. Daddy took the driver seat and both of us sat behind. The whole journey home, Anoti hold my hand by cupping it with his both hands. I think he missed me too. I just kept quiet.....enjoying that silent moment. When we reached home, the 1st thing he did was gave me a big tight hug and lotsa kisses. *paiseh* Distance does make the heart grows fonder. Then, he said he bought something for me from Club Med. Patiently I waited for him to unpack his bag...

...and he bought me this......
For Club Med, its quite a nice Polo T , but I would never purchase it if I see one on the mall or streets. Afterall, its the thoughts that count.....so I gave Anoti a big hug. Then I spotted a tag, when I saw it....i wanted to shout at him.....

SO BIRDIE EXPENSIVE!! #@$*(#$(@*#&(#@*&$)))(*@#@!

What a ripped off! Wanted to tell him, how silly he was to buy such an overpriced Polo T, but then I rather keep it to myself, or else, I'll be getting nothing next time. To calm myself down, I quickly go get myself a glass of ice water. *gulp*

Girls, how do you respond if your darling buy something that is ridiculously overpriced or some unattractive gift for you? Do you break his heart? Or you put up a Julia Robert smile and act that you love it very much.

In my humble opinion, I think someone shud conduct a class like THE ART OF BUYING GIFTS FOR YOUR LOVED ONES
. What do you reckon?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muahaha.. Marie! what a classic topic! I am totally agree with you that we should hav a class on that topic! I had the same problem as well... I think you did a great job! :) SMILE brings everything.. If not, at the end you will be getting this answer: Huh? I dunno what to buy for you orh.. later you said not nice or not genuine.. @_@.

Blur Angel said...

Finally he is back! muahahah .. i always put on a big smile and pretend to love it! :) but after some time , if we happen to talk about presents/that particular gift he gave me , I'll tell him "honestly i don't really like it!" hahahahahahahahah

Marie said...

Yhwa: True, I don't want to break his heart and risk myself getting nothing next time. Since this is his vacation without me, I'm grateful he kept me in his mind.

Min: yes dear, Finally!! I feel like a Bollywood star, great acting skills. I hope he will not touch that topic, as I do not want to let him know. Next time when I wear that Polo T, I shud hypnotise myself and said "I'm wearing a Laaacoste Polo T." This might help, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that shirt is really very expensive. He is also quite silly...forget to take away the price tag. My hubby like that too. He got me a Carlo Rino handbag for my birthday and forget to take away the receipt. When I saw the price, I think it is too expensive for a birthday gift. Waste money cause the money can use for something more meaningful.

But since the guys has bought it to make us happy, just accept with a fake smile lor. Haha...

jazzmint said...

wow...banyak mahal oo...then again the thoughts count mah ;). If me, I sure say expensive liao and tell him straight hahahaha...we are a couple that is vy straightfwd

= FLoReNcE = said...

I'm so enjoying to read your blog. It's always so heart-warming. Ur blog make me smile, laugh and sometimes touch my feeling in my bottom heart too. :) Cheers!

Mummy Moon said...

Hi, enjoying this post, Your hubby should read this so next time he will know what can buy for you or not.. Hi Hi

Val said...

I will do the same, buy over priced item for him to feel sam tung than he will understand!!! hehe

Anonymous said...

agreed with jazzmint, yeah... it is the thoughts that counts!

If they splurge once in a while is ok... but my hubby is the famous 'kiam-siap' king so a shirt of this price will never attract him!