Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Everything happens for a reasons...

Have you ever questioned yourself for the things that turned out bad or things that turned out what we call 'unexpected'. I'm a believer of The Means Justify the Ends school of thoughts. Call me old fashion.

When I was in Uni back in Perth, a drastic transformation happened. My weight sky rocketed and my face were as big as the moon. Its every girls nightmare! I broke my own record by going up to 48kg. Everything went out of shape. Horrifying!


What happened? Blame it on my hedonistic lifestyle I supposed. I was just a student, what can you expect from a student. Parties, night lives, drinking nites, pizzas, yum cha sessions, suppers during the odd hours, junk foods like chips and chocolates, the list goes on....... serve me right! Carefree lifestyle the consequences are putting on extra weight.

2 years after graduation, Anoti proposed and we tied the knot last year. Those months before the big day, I believe I was at my best appearance. I was really into making myself healthy and pretty. Went for yoga, facials, dermatologist appointments, manicure pedicure sessions, weekly salon visits. And it all paid off as I feel absolutely great and beautiful during the big day. Not only did I feel absolutely pretty, confidence level was sky high.


After getting married, Anoti wants to hav a mini. After 7 months of trying, all I got was strawberry jam bread every month hence that got Mummy and Mummy II worried. Went to the doctors, paid couple of hundreds just to hear that we should take it easy and relax ourself because we are still young. As I looked back and analysed our lifestyle, both of us were very indeed busy. Juggling btween works is not doing any good to us especially Anoti. His laptop is only put to rest when he sleeps. Being too caught up with life and work sure wont give us any luck of conceiving. Everyone was telling me that I shud be on folate...but then again, i'm not consistent enough. I guess, both of us weren't really trying hard....

Since Christmas is around the corner, if only Santa could hear me, can I hav this.....

....under my christmas tree. Or else just sprinkle me some baby dust because I've been really good and nice this year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

may the little elves spot your wishes so they could tell Santa!

jazzmint said...

hey don't pressure urself too much ok..just sun kei chi yin ;)

Anonymous said...

Aww... I will keep you in prayer k? Just take good care of your body so it is always CONDUCIVE for "fertilization". :)

Wah..i never had 48kg in my life. My "lightest" weight is 50. :(

Val said...

oh my god, relax babe... enjoy 2 people world first okay...when the time is right, IT will happen!!! You guys have all my best wishes.

xoxo

Chinneeq said...

i was very pressure too, when i was trying for the 2nd child. GOD let me wait a bit longer, then gave me 2 later :p

Marie said...

Thanks everyone. Was really upset when I see that both of us are not giving any 'effort' to this 'project'. When plan doesnt go our way, it is very frustrating. I guess my lil' sunshine doesnt want to be planned at all.

Anonymous said...

Take it easy. The more expectations you put in, the more stressful you are...not good. The time will come if it's God's willing. I'll keep you in my prayer.