Wednesday, October 22, 2008

That has nothing to do with me....

(Picture from wokkingmum)

Isn't that YUMMY??

My mom called me up this morning and 'invited' A-noti and I to have dinner at home. We were delighted. Ever since I got married, I normally go back to have dinner once or twice a week. Mummy normally cooks like she's throwing a big feast, she can never get the potion right. I think she hates her Maths teacher and gave up counting or estimating ever since...

Today, mummy cooked her signature chicken wings which is one of Anoti's favorite. I ate so so much that my stomach was about to explode, horribly life threatening!!! the fruits that were prepared, was left UNTOUCHED. Can u imagine that?

On our way home, Anoti was still talking bout mummy's chicken wings. From chicken wings...it lead Anoti to this....

"I still remember when I was courting you, the price of BBQ Chicken Wings was just RM1. Then, when we started dating, the price of BBQ Chicken Wings was RM1.20. Before I marry you, it was like RM 1.50. And now, after getting married, its has gone up to freaking RM1.80. SO TERRIBLE!!! "

Deep inside, I was fuming when I heard that and blurted.....
"What does chicken wings has to do with me a? So for this recent economic down turn, are you putting the blame on me?" *roll eyes*

BOY!! I seriously have no idea what is in my man's mind. Enlighten me please!

7 comments:

Princess Geraldine's mummy said...

Hi, Marie. Still remember me, I asked u b4 on the kids princess dress in GuangZhou. So glad that you're back...You know what, the chicken wings remind me of my mum's one, she's a good cook and I miss her food for months liow...!

Marie said...

Yes,Yes!! of coz i remember. So did u manage to find ur girl the princess gown? Undeniable that mom's cooking is always the best.

Anonymous said...

Pardon him. Maybe he got nothing better to say. You are so cute.

Princess Geraldine's mummy said...

I got one at Lovely Lace and the price is RM190, so expensive and the dress now kept in the wardrobe and waiting to wear it again at another wedding dinner, I think so...!Anoti's statement on the increasing in the price of chicken wings was very funny...think we better bbq ourself, sure more tasty and healthier..!

jazzmint said...

haha..maybe he trying to tell u no matter how much he pays, nothing beats MIL's yummy chick wings :)

Marie said...

Hi Julie, I'm too old to be called cute. After getting married, my weight has increased until the digital weighing scale is not my friend anymore. =(

Princess Mummy, BBQ ourselves? Good idea. I think we taste better if we 'marinate' ourselves overnite 1st. (That is not to take shower the wholeday)

Jazzmint, I think i shud let my mummy know. She'll be really pleased to hear that.

Anonymous said...

No lah..he is just using it to explain the timeline vs increase in prices thats all. :)