Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pregnancy Week 22

This morning once I stepped out from my room, Mummy II told me that Noel (our Nephew) is suspected to have measles. I quickly went to check on that lil' fella and saw red tiny dots on his belly and back.

So being the smart ass, I quickly took out The Complete Book of Mother and Baby Care to confirm the symptoms of measles. *Flip* Flip* Flip*

Fever - Checked!
Mild Sorethroat - Checked!
Rashes - Checked!
Moody Baby- Checked!

While I was reading thru the description. The last sentence hit me and it really hit me HARD!

"...Your child is infectious, keep her away from any woman who might be pregnant. Although German measles is a mild disease, it can cause defects in developing baby if a pregnant woman catches it."

HOLY CRAP!!! I WAS PARANOID!!! Without hesitation, I demanded Anoti to rush home immediately and drive me to our gynae.



After putting down the phone, I quickly called up our gynae's clinic for an emergency appointment. I was even more paranoid when the nurse told me that he won't be around until 10.30am.

I'm like a mad woman and decided to consult another gynae. And I think the Emergency Gynae wasn't pleased when I consulted him, he asked me questions like "why do you come here? Who is ur dr? " I couldn't be bothered, my main concern is lil sunshine, told him the situation and asked for a scan. Thank God! Lil' sunshine was doing well inside that small pouch of mine.

Argghhh! What a relief! Lesson learned. As long as Rubella antibody level is high, everything will be fine.

3 comments:

Princess Geraldine's mummy said...

Wow, congrats to you...u r going to be a mummy soon...!

Marie said...

thanks!! can't wait to meet my lil' sunshine.

Gina said...

Pls tell me where you brought your "cheong sam" it very nice....