Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pet Name

No, its not about naming puppy or wabbit. Neehh~.....those 'affectionate' names you and your better half call each other aaa...Don't be shy, I'm sure you and your darling have names that you call each other everyday. C'mon, you call your close frens nick names too, no big deal rite.

Come closer....Lemme tell you mine. I have tonnes of it but I will only disclose SOME, bcoz I doewan my Baby to feel that his privacy is being violated. In order to protect his privacy, I will only let you know how he calls me over the past 9 yrs.

We started off calling proper names i.e. Marie or Anoti, then he started calling me Siao Zu (small pig) bcoz pig is my favorite animal. A year or so....he started calling me So Zu (Silly Pig) for no reason. Then both of us went to KL to further our studies for 2 yrs, we wanted to call each other 'Lou Gung' 'Lou Po'. But it somehow struck me that we're not married yet and its not appropriate to address each other when we're only 19 and 21 y.o. Ridiculous rite? Plus, we don't want our friends to give us those disgusted looks....hence, we decided to call each other "Lou" (pronounced as Low).

It so happened that my mum heard me calling him Lou and asked why Lou? She thought I called him LOVE...

Mummy II heard that Baby call me "Lou" and just couldn't understand why he called me OLD.

We have been calling each other Lou for so many years that our family and friends are so used to it, some even accidentally called my Baby "LOU!". *smacks head*

Mummy made nice dessert, and gathered everyone in the dining area. Baby was the last one to join us. "Lou, go get yourself a bowl a dessert!" o_O My sista and I luffed at my mum so hard that she later realised she called the wrong name.

Then, the latest incident was the day we went to try on my wedding gowns for the pre wedding photo shoot.
"Lou, nice or not?"
"Lou, can or not?"
"Lou, is it too sexy?"

So, it happened that Baby went out the changing area to pick up a call. When he returned, Carmen our smart assistant blurted "
Lung, come and look at your lou po nice or not?" Both of us giggled. It was so funny that both of us decided not to rectify her and let it be. *pai seh*


Pet name is very very important in a relationship. Its a crucial cue too. When you know that you're better half is addressing you by your FULL NAME. "MARIE YEE XX XXX!" (Meaning to say u're in deep shit) So you better act fast & smart to avoid the next bombing of Hiroshima. Isn't that great?

Ironically, pet names phase out according to years. Instead of hearing nice hunny bunny names, it turns so harsh that you
rather stuff rocks into
his/her mouth. Pathetic!!!! Look at your ah gong, ah ma, gong gong, po po....
"Lou Yeh"(Canto),
"Lou Hang" (Canto),
"Bak Ye Po" (Canto),
"Bak Ye Lou" (Canto),
"Si Ngin Tiu" (Hakka),
"Si Lao Bak" (Hakka),
"Si Pat Po"(Hakka) ....the list goes on....trust me!

I hope this won't happen to me when I grow old. *finger crossed*

So any nice pet names to share? Just in case, we're bored of Lou, there's an alternative. Any idea?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha ! bf and i normally address each others' full name! :> but not to warm each other! it is just to make fun of each other !

Val said...

haha you don't say.. i agree how pet names never stay forever and I'm shocked you guys stick with 'lou' for so many years.

mine started off with sweet jelly bun, to hun bun, to hun, to lou por, to ass (!!!!) to naughty face, to WOMAN... man i can't imagine all the years to come... hahah...

but funnily tho, 'hun' has been our trademark as is lou gong and lou por.

I call him hun pie some times too..

*blush*

Anonymous said...

Well, Ryota and I don't really have pet names for each other, or maybe there is. I call him Ryota, hon, honey, Si Jepun, Yat Boon Yan (cantonese) or RYOTA KIKUCHI! (when I'm angry), hahaha! But mainly I call him Ryota or honey.
And he calls me Reg, dear (very rarely), Regina (when I'm ignoring him) or bian bian (yes, Marie, I accidentally told him and he laughed so hard about it -_-").
And no, I never call him anata, a lot of people asked me that. If I called him like that, he would freak out, cos anata means lou gong in Japanese. Japanese people don't have that habit of calling their bf/gf like that.

Anonymous said...

Did I call your hubby Lou Lou too when he was in Australia? @.@

Anonymous said...

Wah..i like the 'si pat po'. Don forget, im a half hakka too. ;)

-cherry